MCO 3.0 has been extended till June 28

Spread the love

The current phase of the movement control order (MCO) dubbed MCO 3.0 or “total lockdown” has been extended for another two weeks.

Initially slated to end June 14, Senior Minister (security cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said it will now be extended from June 15 to June 28.

The decision to extend the MCO for another two weeks follows the number of Covid-19 cases which has remained above 5,000, and was reached based on recommendations by the Health Ministry which was presented at the National Security Council (NSC) meeting chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

The standard operating procedures (SOP) for this extension would be the same as the one currently enforced.

“The positive and negative list, as well as the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for manufacturing, businesses and industry are similar to what was announced previously.

“I don’t want the people to be affected due to misinterpretation of the SOPs by enforcement,” he said in a statement today.

With the SOPs remaining the same, Ismail Sabri hoped there would not be any confusion on the matter.

The Senior Minister said the list could be viewed at www.mkn.gov.my.

Read more interesting stories like this.

Spread the love